Carnival Of The Godless Guidelines
1. The post you send in must be from a godless perspective and address something such as godlessness, atheism, church/state separation, the evolution/creation debate, theodicy, philosophy of religion as it relates to godlessness, etc. There is a huge amount of wiggle room in the post subject and we will consider every submission carefully for inclusion.
2. You may only submit one post per carnival. More may be accepted at the host's discretion. If you submit a post that you really think ought to be included from another blog, and the author of that blog also submits a post, we'll use their post. This should be considered a great way to get one of your excellent, but (for whatever reason) unknown or underrated posts in front of a potentially huge audience. Grab the bull by the horns!
The Carnival Of The Godless will be posted every two weeks on Sunday. The cutoff date for submissions will be the preceding Friday. If we get the submissions chosen and sorted out before Sunday, it will be posted earlier.
Send your submissions to brent dot rasmussen at gmail dot com. In addition to writing "COTG Submission" in the subject of the email, please include the following information:
- The name of the blog where the post is from
- The post title.
- The post author's name or handle.
- The post's permanent link.
- A short description of the post.
Attention Internet Infidels
Forum posts may also be submitted. Have you written something on the boards that you think needs a wider audience than II? Submit it!
If you run a godless blog and if you would like to host the Carnival Of The Godless, send your hosting request to brent dot rasmussen at gmail dot com. We will (NOT) update this page with the hosting schedule as we accept hosts (Check Blogcarnival.com instead!)
- January 30, 2005 - Unscrewing The Inscrutable
- February 6, 2005 - Pharyngula
- February 13, 2005 - Coturnix's Science & Politics
- February 20, 2005 - Philosophy, et cetera
- February 27, 2005 - Smijer & Buck
- March 6, 2005 - The Raving Atheist
- March 13, 2005 - The Frozen Texan and His Rusty Old Claymore
- March 20, 2005 - Nanovirus
- March 27, 2005 - Yeah Whatever
- April 10, 2005 - Wolverine Tom
- April 24, 2005 - Timothy Sandefur's Freespace
- May 1, 2005 - Radical Writ
- May 15, 2005 - Scottish Nous
- May 29, 2005 - deanpence
- June 12, 2005 - What You Can Get Away With
- June 26, 2005 - Positive Liberty
- July 10, 2005 - Tobias Buckell Online
- July 24, 2005 - Saint Nate's Blog
- July 31, 2005 - The Evangelical Atheist
- August 7, 2005 - Silly Humans
- August 21, 2005 - No More Mr. Nice Guy
- September 4, 2005 - Austin Cline's About Atheism
- September 18, 2005 - The Uncredible Hallq
- October 3, 2005 - Pinoy Atheist
- October 16, 2005 - The Common Man
- October 30, 2005 - A Rational Being
- November 13, 2005 - Pharyngula
- November 27, 2005 - The Evangelical Atheist
- December 11, 2005 - Unscrewing The Inscrutable
- December 25, 2005 - The COTG Christmas Extravaganza! - Nanovirus
- January 8, 2006 - Buridan's Ass
- January 22, 2006 - A Pixelated Mind
- February 5, 2006 - Superlicious
- February 19, 2006 - Goosing The Antithesis
- March 5, 2006 - Jody Wheeler
- March 19, 2006 - Daniel Morgan
- April 2, 2006 - Neural Gourmet
- April 16, 2006 - A Rational Being
- April 30, 2006 - Unscrewing The Inscrutable
- May 14, 2006 - Coturnix's Science & Politics
- May 28, 2006 - Frank's Atheistic Ramblings
- June 11, 2006 - The Atheist Mama
- June 25, 2006 - Silly Humans
- July 9, 2006 - Daylight Atheism
- July 23, 2006 - Beware Of The Dogma
- August 6, 2006 - The Common Man
- August 20, 2006 - Revolvo Inritus
- September 3, 2006 - Deep Thoughts
- September 17, 2006 - Grounded in Reality
- October 1, 2006 - Salto sobrius
- October 15, 2006 - The Greenbelt
- October 29, 2006 - Skeptic Rant - Halloween Edition!
- November 12, 2006 - Debunking Christianity
- November 26, 2006 - Hellbound Allee - Thanksgiving Edition!
- December 10, 2006 - Kingdom Of Heathen
- December 24, 2006 - God Is For Suckers! - Christmas Eve Edition!
- January 7, 2007 - Daily Irreverence
- January 21, 2007 - Abe Linkum
- February 4, 2007 - Salto sobrius
- February 18, 2007 - Manifold Fates
- March 4, 2007 - Hell's Handmaiden
- March 18, 2007 - Black Sun Journal
- April 1, 2007 - Abstract Nonsense - April Fools Edition!
- April 15, 2007 - SCHEDULING TO BE DONE AT BLOGCARNIVAL.COM FROM NOW ON
- April 29, 2007 - Neural Gourmet
- May 13, 2007
- May 27, 2007
- June 10, 2007
- June 24, 2007
- July 8, 2007
- July 22, 2007
- August 5, 2007
- August 19, 2007
- September 2, 2007
- September 16, 2007
- September 30, 2007
- October 14, 2007
- October 28, 2007
- November 11, 2007
- November 25, 2007
- December 9, 2007
- December 23, 2007
"From a godless perspective" does NOT mean that you must be an atheist to send in a submission. There are plenty of theists who blog from a godless perspective. We welcome their posts. We will even consider posts criticizing godlessness in general, or atheism in particular. We recognize that there are some damned interesting theists out there who will have written relevant posts. We only ask that you do not submit a post that is just a short linking post, but rather something that shows off yours or someone else's writing ability.
Please pass this information along to anyone you know who may be interested. The godless in the blogosphere have a lot to say and we would like them to have the opportunity to say it to a wider audience. If the interest seems high enough, we will continue it indefinitely.
Here are a couple of badges you may use - please download them and place them on your own server. You may do with it what you will, but please keep the look and feel of the original logo if you do use it.
Thanks, and we look forward to reading you!